- Photos: Back to School 2014 Tue 2:48 p.m.
- Monroe Sport Center celebrates 60 years Tue 2:00 p.m.
- Stewart Rd. crossing to close Tue 9:47 a.m.
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash Tue 7:36 a.m.
- Detroit's historic bankruptcy trial to begin Tue 7:00 a.m.
- Man repeatedly stabbed expected to survive Mon 11:39 p.m.
- Newport man jailed again two hours after release Mon 2:00 p.m.
- Man killed in fire overnight Mon 12:40 p.m.
- Shedding light on suicide in Monroe County Mon 12:00 p.m.
- Audit: Michigan doing good job on child support Mon 10:00 a.m.
- Thunderstorm forecast lessens updated Mon 3:02 p.m.
- Gallery: Volunteers help spread goodwill — and mulch Mon 8:00 a.m.
- No human cases of West Nile in Michigan yet Mon 7:00 a.m.
- Michigan hourly minimum wage increases to $8.15 Mon 7:00 a.m.
- Two railroad crossings to close in LaSalle Sun 2:00 p.m.
- Organizers, spectators pleased with Labor Day parade Sun 12:00 p.m.
- Witnesses testify in fatal Michigan dog attack Sun 11:00 a.m.
- Road salt cost nearly doubles Sun 6:00 a.m.
- Bond raised for Stumpmier Sat 12:00 p.m.
- Upgrades in the pipeline for Toledo’s water plant Sat 11:00 a.m.
- Michigan power running game looks like glory days
- Spotlight will be on Lions in Monday night opener
- Monroe Sport Center celebrates 60 years
- Cabrera homers twice, leads Tigers over Indians
- Week 1 Football Notes
- Michigan, Notre Dame prepare for last meeting
- Bad defense dooms Tigers against Sox
- Michigan routs Appalachian State 52-14 in rematch
- Kyle Ryan salvages doubleheader split for Tigers
- Airport back on track with dramatic win at Adrian
- Police: 2 Michigan suspects attempt ATM robbery
- Michigan 5-year-old hurt in dirt bike accident
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash
- Police: Michigan woman tied up in home invasion
- Michigan man loses much of hand in fireworks incident
- Man repeatedly stabbed expected to survive
- Newport man jailed again two hours after release
- Man killed in fire overnight
- Car exceeds 100 mph while eluding police
- Witnesses testify in fatal Michigan dog attack
- Pay attention to paperwork: It could save you money By Paula Wethington
- Swimming for her life By Tom Treece
- Latest dance crazes don’t twerk for him By Tom Mohrbach
- Times change but kids really don’t By Rebecca Regnier
- So, how do you score utilities? By Charles Slat
- Get behind favorite team solidly By Paula Wethington
- Today’s cars need to be tough for today’s roads By Tom Treece
- Man’s best friend? Not this man By Tom Mohrbach
- 10 fresh ways to use fresh blueberries
- Recipe: Alabama white barbecue sauce
- Recipe: Bourbon, maple syrup team up for killer barbecue
- Hot dog season kicks off in America
- Shrimp tacos in less time than takeout pizza
- Here's your recipe for making mom's day on Mother's Day
- Cinco de Mayo recipes
- Chocolate pudding from scratch is a snap
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 4:00 p.m.
The detail I most dreaded about the first day of school when my daughter was in her K-12 years was the stack of paperwork that would be found in her bookbag.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 1:00 p.m.
Americans' eating habits have improved — except among the poor, evidence of a widening wealth gap when it comes to diet. Yet even among wealthier adults, food choices remain far from ideal, a 12-year study found.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 3:00 p.m.
Police reports released Tuesday say a 9-year-old girl who accidentally killed a shooting range instructor with an Uzi in northern Arizona had said immediately after the shooting that she felt the gun was too much for her and had hurt her shoulder.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 1:56 p.m.
An Internet video posted online Tuesday purported to show the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State group, which called it retribution for continued U.S. airstrikes in Iraq.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 12:00 p.m.
As the daughter of a former Miss America, it would seem logical that Alana Wilson would be eager to enter the world of pageantry. But even though she was exposed to the competition most of her young life, Miss Wilson never really felt her destiny was to follow her mother on stage.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 9:00 a.m.
As states liberalize their marijuana laws, public officials and safety advocates worry there will be more drivers high on pot and a big increase in traffic deaths. It's not clear, though, whether those concerns are merited. Researchers are divided on the question.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 8:00 a.m.
Macomb County officials say a 5-year-old boy has been hospitalized after being thrown from a dirt bike driven by his father. A a 27-year-old Macomb Township man was doing jumps with the boy on a mini dirt bike. The sheriff's office says it's investigating and the father will likely be charged.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 7:41 a.m.
Jim Caldwell's first game as coach of the Detroit Lions will be on quite a stage — at home on a Monday night against the New York Giants.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 5:21 a.m.
U.S. military forces attacked the extremist al-Shabab network in Somalia Monday, the Pentagon said, and a witness described ground-shaking explosions in a strike that reportedly targeted the group's leader.